Mississippi history

 


This was taken at Battlefield...Johnny Mize Resturant...no paticular order on the names had a few beers in the last 50yrs of my life...back row left...Terry Miller..JohnDavidCambell..Gary Gilbert..James...Mike Knott..Gordy Reeves.middle row left..Ken Stevens..?..Ramon(Tater)Tate..Me..Tony Crenshaw..front row left...Kenneth Tew..?...Darrel Tate..Ricky Knott...Chris Cambell...thats all I got folks..Coach Cambell just about...65 or 66...anyway many moons ago...now thats a blast from the past pkease repost and maybe sine one else can put a name with some of the faces that I missed




Couple of days ago, weather forecast said we'd get some relief from the cold on monday.  Well Monday’s here.  Memphis has so many broken water mains, the whole city is on a boil water alert, I-55 bridges are iced up, and here's the view from my garage....
Forecasters have trouble being correct just a couple of days ahead.  But they want us to believe it’s possible to forecast a 1* difference in average temps 100 years from now…..uh Y-E-A-H…..R-I-G-H-T


“The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.“

State Head Coach Mike Leach

I knew Coach Leach was smart, well educated, an author, an innovator, seemed eccentric at times, made me laugh a lot in his post game interviews, had a dislike for candy corn, and was a great coach.  But the past few days I’ve also been learning how truly inspirational he could be to others, not just to the players he coached, but even to those fans, players and coaches on the opposite side of the field.  Respect and praise has poured in from everywhere.  The Leach quote at the top, was one I wasn’t aware of, and came from the   “Forever Ole Miss” page.  That says a lot.

God Bless You Coach.  You were one of a kind and will be greatly missed by us all. Rest in Peace.


Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.